Automobili nell’Arte Contemporanea, GAM, Galleria d’Arte Contemporanea Bologna, Italy, Erwin Wurm, MACRO Museo d'Arte Contemporanea Roma, Italy (solo), Glue your brain, Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney, Australia (solo), Erwin Wurm, Peggy Guggenheim Collection,Venice, Italy (solo), Rundlederwelten, Gropiusbau, Berlin, Germany, In the Line of Flight, China Millenium Art Museum, Bejing, China, Erwin Wurm, Museo do Chiado, Lisbon, Portugal (solo), Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney, Australia (solo), I love my time, I don’t like my time: Recent works by Erwin Wurm, Cincinnati Contemporary Art Center, Cincinnati, USA (solo), Am I a House?, Galerie Krinzinger, Vienna, Austria (solo), The Idiot, Galerie Xavier Hufkens, Brussels, Belgium (solo), Biennale d'Art Contemporain de Lyon, Lyon, France (curators: Jérome Sans, Nicolas Bourriaud), Snow white and the seven dwarfs, Fundación Marcelino Botín, Santander (curator: Udo Kittelmann), Spielräume, Wilhelm Lehmbruck Museum - Zentrum Internationaler Skulptur, Duisburg, Germany, Situation Comedy: Humor in recent art, The Contemporary Museum, Honolulu, Hawaii/ Chicago Cultural Center, Chicago/ Winnipeg Art Gallery, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Sweet Temptations, Kunstverein St. Gallen Kunstmuseum, Switzerland, Marking Time, Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions, The Getty Center, Los Angeles, USA, Scultura leggera Light Sculpture, 503 Mulino, Vicenza, Munch revisited, Museum am Ostwall, Ausstellungshalle der Stadt Dortmund, Germany, Polaroid als Geste, Museum für Photographie, Braunschweig, Germany, Seville International Biennial of Contemporary Art, Seville (curator: Harald Szeemann), Photo and Video Sculpture by Erwin Wurm, KvadraT Gallery, St. Petersburg, Russia (solo), I love my time, I don’t like my time, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, San Francisco, USA (solo), European Dream, Universidad de Guanajuato, Guanajuato, Mexico (curator: Pamela Echeverria) (solo), TRAC Tecnologie e Ricerca Artistica Contemporanea, Palazzo Fichera, Centro per l’Arte Contemporanea, Catania, Italy (solo), International Biennial Foundation of Contemporary Art of Seville, Sevilla, Spain, Arti & Architettura, 1900-2000, Palazzo Ducale, Genoa, Italy, Skulptur. Find an in-depth biography, exhibitions, original artworks for sale, the latest news, and sold auction prices. All images Studio Erwin Wurm & VG Bild-Kunst, Bonn unless otherwise noted. It’s filled with Wurm-style concepts and sculptural jokes inspired by his one-minute sculptures. Wurm gave the idea of sculpture an entirely different meaning and dimension. Würstelbar, Zum Schwarzen Kameel, Vienna, Austria (solo), MdbK (Museum der Bildenden Künste), Leipzig, Germany (solo), Chapelle du Centre de la Vieille Charité, Marseille, France (solo), Musée Cantini, Marseille, France (solo), Musée des Beaux-Arts, Marseille, France (solo), [mac] Musée d’Art Contemporain, Marseille, France (solo), New Work, Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac, Ely House, London, UK (solo), Erwin Wurm – Hans Weigand, Galerie Gaudens Pedit, Kitzbühel, Austria (solo), One-minute Works. Erwin Wurm in: Time Out, May 1-7, No. Menu. . Wurm is primarily a sculptor, and traditional sculptural concerns such as the relationship between object and pedestal, the function of gravity, the fixing of form, and the manipulation of volume, play through all his … (July 2015) Philosophy. He was born in Bruck an der Mur and studied at the Academy of Applied Arts in Vienna and the Academy of Fine Arts in Austria. The Humorous aspect of my work may be a superficial one that, on the first contact, may provide more immediate access to work, but beyond that, there is a deeper meaning to the work, which it is for the viewer to discover. Wurm thinks the creation of sculpture is adding and detracting material to an object. Erwin Wurm (born 1954) is an Austrian artist born in Bruck an der Mur, Styria, Austria. Après avoir étudié l'histoire de l'art, les langues et la littérature, Wurm approfondit sa connaissance en théorie de l'art à l'école d'art appliqué de Vienne dans les années 1980. Marsola, Helga. Austrian sculptor, video artist, and action artist Erwin Wurm delights in deforming everyday objects. At this time, artists like Wurm appear to be reconsidering the vehicle as a symbol. The sculpted versions in shining, bright colors, images, and drawings were displayed in the adjacent rooms. Erwin Wurm – Fat Car 2002 Erwin Wurm – Fat Car, 2001, metallic paint, styrofoam and polyester, 58 x 110 x 65cm Conclusion Despite the pieces looking ridiculous and humorous, there is a sharp, pointed criticism behind them regarding how … What makes Vienna Opera's Safety Curtain unique? Aug 26, 2018 - Explore zhixi zhao's board "erwin wurm" on Pinterest. In the 1990s, artists wanted to show that people’s love for cars affected art and what they use as an emblem of beauty and contemplation. Erwin Wurm is famous for the One Minute Figures and One Minute Sculptures that he has been making since the late 1980s. We were particularly impressed with the way he manipulates vehicles – … His work often involves either recontextualised readymade objects or highly distorted recreations of familiar forms. Gavulová, Lucia: Kto je Erwin Wurm? Carrasco, Alex. This section needs expansion. This one-minute sculptures project is our biggest favorite. He is known internationally for the bizarre sculptures he has created throughout his career. Yet before long his interest shifted from the structural properties of the figures to the forms of action in sculpture and the process of their creation. Eine Wortskulptur, Dramaturgie by Matthias Hartmann, performed by Nicholas Ofczarek, Oliver Masucci, Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac, Salzburg, Austria (solo), BOB, Place François Mitterand, Lille, France (solo), One Minute Forever, Artconnexion, Lille, France (solo), The Discipline of Subjectivity, 100 Tonson Gallery, Bangkok, Thailand (solo), Abstract Abstruse, Wincavod – Centre for Contemporary Art, Moscow, Russia (solo), Synthesa, Xavier Hufkens Gallery, Brussels, Belgium (solo), Wittgenstein’s Grammatik der Leibesübungen / Grammaire Wittgensteinienne de la culture physique, GalerieThaddaeus Ropac, Paris Pantin, France (solo), Good Boy, MOCAK (Museum of Contemporary Art in Krakow), Krakow, Poland (solo), Kastenmann, Standard Hotel, New York, USA (solo), One Minute Sculptures, Open Eye Gallery, Liverpool, Great Britain (solo), Blow Up, Galerist, Istanbul, Turkey (curated by Jérome Sans) (solo), Samurai & Zorro, Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac, Salzburg, Austria (solo), hit me,... hit me..., Gironcoli-Museum, Schloss Herberstein, Austria (solo), Home, Vitra Design Museum, Weil am Rhein, Germany (solo), Am I a house?, CAC Málaga (Centro de Arte Contemporáneo), Málaga, Spain (solo), De Profundis, Albertina, Vienna, Austria (solo), Beauty Business, Dallas Contemporary, Dallas, USA (solo), Gold, Österreichische Galerie Belvedere, Vienna, Austria, CAC Málaga – Centro de Arte Contemporáneo, Málaga, Spain (solo), Dallas Contemporary, Dallas, USA
 (solo), Beauty Business, Bass Museum of Art, Miami Beach, USA (solo), new sculptures, Galerie Elisabeth & Klaus Thoman, Innsbruck, Austria (solo), The Beauty Business, gem – Museum voor Actuele Kunst, Gemeentemuseum Den Haag, The Hague, Netherlands (solo), Bass Museum of Art, Miami Beach, USA (solo), Schöner Wohnen, MAK – Museum für angewandte Kunst, Vienna, Austria (solo), Wear me out, Middleheimmuseum, Antwerp, Belgium (solo), Misconceivable, Kunsthallen Brandts / Brandts Klaedefabrik, Odense, Denmark (solo), Yes Biological, Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac, Paris, France (solo), Micro-Retrospective, Institute of Contemporary Art – Sofia (ICA-Sofia), Sofia, Bulgaria (solo), Superstress, 54th Biennale di Venezia, Palazzo Cavalli Franchetti, Venice, Italy, The Original Copy: Photography of Sculpture 1839 to Today, Kunsthaus Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland, Car Culture – Medien der Mobilität, ZKM, Zentrum für Kunst und Medientechnologie, Karlsruhe, Germany, The Original Copy: Photography of Sculpture, 1839 to Today, MoMA, Museum of Modern Art, New York, USA, Atopia, CCCB, Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona, Spain, Liquid Reality, Kunstmuseum Bonn, Bonn, Germany (curator: Stephan Berg) (solo), Narrow Mist, UCCA – Ullens Center for Contemporary Art, Beijing, China (curator: Jerome Sans) (solo), Private Wurm, Kunst der Gegenwart – Essl Museum, Vienna, Austria (solo), Selbstportrait als Essiggurkerl, Museum der Moderne Salzburg, Austria (solo), Elogiate i ceti inferiori soprattutto per rimanere inferiori, BASE, Progetti per L’Arte, Firenze, Italy (solo), Gulp, Lehmann Maupin Gallery, New York, USA (solo), Project – Selfportrait as Pickles, Jack Hanley Gallery, New York, USA (solo), Desperate Philosophers, Galerie Xavier Hufkens, Brussels, Belgium (solo), The Desperate Philosophers – Neue Skulpturen, Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac Salzburg, Austria (solo), 3rd Moscow Biennial, Moscow, Russia (curator: Jean-Hubert Martin), Art of Participation: 1950 to Now, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, San Francisco, USA, Ich – Es – Überich, Tomio Koyama Gallery, Tokyo, Japan (solo), Hypnose II, Galerie Krinzinger, Vienna, Austria (solo), Galerie Nicola von Senger, Zurich, Switzerland (solo), Tell, Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac, Salzburg, Austria (solo), Deichtorhallen Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany (solo), Kunstmuseum St. Gallen, Switzerland (solo), Musée d’Art Contemporain Lyon, Lyon, France (solo), Malmö Konstmuseum, Malmö, Sweden (solo), Galerie Xavier Hufkens, Brussels, Belgium (solo), Erwin Wurm, Cristina Guerra Contemporary Art, Lisbon, Portugal (solo), Affinities- Deutsche Guggenheim, 1997-2007, Guggenheim in Berlin, Berlin, Germany, All about laughter: role of humors in contemporary art, Mori Art Museum, Tokyo, Japan, I am future melancholic, Tate Modern, London, UK, Il était une fois, l’École d’Arts Plastiques de Vitrolles, Vitrolles, France, Salon de la Kakanie, Central House of Artists, Moscow, Russia, Hamlet, Kunsthaus Zürich, Switzerland (solo), All the Best. Big Kudos to the Peppers for recognizing the influence Wurm had on their video. Cars may be on the verge of vital change – with batteries and electricity-charged engines perhaps replacing the internal combustion engine. The artists also created a Fat House on a near life-size scale. “Erwin Wurm,” EXIBART on paper (Florence, June/July). But the Opel designers computerized the process and could not deliver the kind of “natural” smooth-edged shapes that Wurm wanted. Wurm’s fat projects am at critiquing the consumer culture and the Western culture’s appetite for material objects. 21-okt-2016 - Bekijk het bord "Erwin Wurm" van Frederic Beevers op Pinterest. Together with Brigitte Kowanz, he represents Austria at the 57th Biennale Arte di Venezia.. Mr. Wurm, you have just returned from Venice where, together with Brigitte Kowanz, you will represent Austria in … Get the latest news on the events, trends, and people that shape the global art market with our daily newsletter. See more ideas about erwin wurm, erwin, performance art. Reininghaus, Alexandra: Eine Skulptur für alle Fälle in: ART, Hamburg, Germany, Nr. Find an in-depth biography, exhibitions, original artworks for sale, the latest news, and sold auction prices. Art Press (Paris, France), Number 307, December, pp. Why is Franz West considered one of the most important Austrian artists? Magdalena Jetelová's domesticated pyramids fill up museums. At least the assumption that my work is predominantly humorous is wrong. 6, June, p. 135. your own Pins on Pinterest Cash, Stefanie: Stand-Up Artist in: Art in America, December, New York, USA, pp.84-87, cover. New Sculpture, Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art, Gateshead, UK (solo), The Idiot, Sala de Exposiciones Canal de Isabel II, Madrid, Spain (solo), I love my time, I don’t like my time: Recent works by Erwin Wurm, Rose Museum at Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts, USA / Frye Art Museum, Seattle, USA (solo), SECCA, Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art, Winston Salem, USA (solo), CAPC Musée d’art contemporain, Bordeaux, France (solo), Galerie Ars Futura, Zurich, Switzerland (solo), Galerie Anne de Villepoix, Paris, France (solo), Galerie Aurel Scheibler, Cologne, Germany (solo), Drive. View Erwin Wurm’s 564 artworks on artnet. Five strategies to maximize your sales kickoff; Jan. 26, 2021. Resin, acrylic paint, wood … Wurm takes everyday object such as nails, screws, and almost anything else, and creates breathtaking … While his practice may at first seem jovial, beneath its comedy is a critique of the darker aspects of the post-war society the artist grew up in. Vozmediano, Elena: Wurm y la escultura efimera in: El Cultural, 18.9.2003, p. 29. 3, pp. The artist once noted that many consumers are fascinated with having bigger cars and bigger houses, which is what he creates in these works of art. “Teoría, teóricos, teorética, teorizante . Movies. 18-23, cover. Erwin Wurm (født 1954 i Bruck an der Mur) er en østrigsk billedhugger.Han bor og arbejder i Wien og Limberg (Nedre Østrig).. Blandt Wurm mest berømte værkserier hører de såkaldte One Minute Sculptures, der opfordrer beskueren til at interagere med hverdagsgenstande i et begrænset tidsrum for at derved selv blive en bærenden del af installationen. For Wurm, one of the most successful contemporary artists, anything can become sculpture: actions, written or drawn instructions, or … To create a sculpture he had in mind, Wurm ended up using polyurethane foam and Styrofoam framed with lacquer. With his inflated houses, twisted cars, and his participatory »One Minute Sculptures«, he ironically questions the visual appearance of status symbols and … Mar 21, 2012 - This Pin was discovered by Rio is in Grrrrmny. Erwin Wurm is an Austrian artist who makes some of the coolest art I’ve seen in a while. In his series titled Fat Cars, Wurm created numerous inflated, tubby, life-size sculptures that protuberate like overfilled sacks, trying to create the look of fatness. Limousin, Limoges, France (solo), Feelings, L´Ecole des Beaux-arts, Rouen, France (solo), Galerie Art : Concept, Paris, France (solo), Project wall, Rosamund Felsen Gallery, Los Angeles, USA (solo), Institute of Visual Arts, UW, Milwaukee, USA (solo), Me, me fat watching TV, Galleria The Box, Turin, Italy (solo), Neue Skulptur, Galerie nächst St. Stephan, Vienna, Austria, Triumph Skulptur, Galerie Rolf Ricke, Cologne, Germany, ARTFORUM International, January 2005, New York, USA, p. 187, Flash Art, January-February 2005, Vol. The sculptures in this series appear to thaw like in Dali’s work; the car does not become immobile because of its “obesity” and massive volume, but furthermore, due to its smoothness. It’s social status. Ver más ideas sobre escultura, arte contemporaneo, arte. He admitted to an interviewer in Austria that he wanted to mix something like a biological system with a mechanical one. Despite the pieces looking ridiculous and humorous, there is a sharp, pointed criticism behind them regarding how funny the owners of these cars are to the artist. To some extent, Wurm drew inspiration from the works of these artists, but with a different take. Abstract Sculptures 2013–2014 Dog. The Fat Cars can also be viewed as a transformation from a metallic item into a visually soft entity in a rather surrealist tradition. Köstlich?, Leopold Museum, Vienna, Austria (solo), MKM Museum Küppersmühle für Moderne Kunst, Duisburg, Germany (solo), Lehmbruck Museum, Duisburg, Germany (solo), Performative Skulpturen, 21er Haus, Vienna, Austria (solo), Austrian Pavilion, 57th International Art Exhibition, La Biennale di Venezia, Venice, Italy (solo), Ethics demonstrated in a geometrical order, Lehmann Maupin Gallery, New York, USA (solo), Fussballgrosser Tonklumpen auf hellblauem Autodach, Kunsthaus Graz, Graz, Austria (solo), CCBB (Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil São Paulo), travelling to CCBB Brasilia, CCBB Belo Horizonte and CCBB Rio de Janeiro, Brasil (solo), Bad Thoughts, Cristina Guerra Contemporary Art, Lisbon, Portugal (solo), Grüner Veltliner, Büro Weltausstellung, Vienna, Austria (solo), The Philosophy of Instructions, BACC (Bangkok Art and Culture Center), Bangkok, Thailand (solo), Nudelskulpturen, Lenbachhaus, Munich, Germany (solo), Ende, Landesmuseum Niederösterreich, St. Pölten, Austria (solo), Lost, Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac, Paris Marais, France (solo), Bei Mutti, Berlinische Galerie – Museum für Moderne Kunst, Berlin, Germany (solo), One Minute Sculptures, MAK, Center for Art and Architecture, Schindler House, Los Angeles, USA (solo), Angst / Lache Hochgebirge, Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac, Salzburg, Austria (solo), Artelier Contemporary, Graz, Austria (solo), Interpretation, Galerija Vartai, Vilnius, Lithunia (solo), Narrow House, CAC (Contemporary Art Centre), Vilnius, Lithunia (solo), Am I still a House?, Skulpturenpark Waldfrieden – Cragg Foundation, Wuppertal, Germany (solo), Fichte, Kunstmuseum Wolfsburg, Wolfsburg, Germany (solo), Disruption, Sara Hildén Art Museum, Tampere, Finland (solo), Euclidean Exercises, IMA (Indianapolis Museum of Art), Indianapolis, Indiana, USA (solo), Elfie Semotan & Erwin Wurm, Galerie422, Gmunden, Austria (solo), Greith-Haus, St. Ulrich im Greith, Austria (solo), Büro Weltausstellung, Vienna, Austria (solo), Halle Verrière, Meisenthal, Lorraine, France (solo), Všetko je inak / Alles ist anders / Everything is Different, Dom Umenia – Kunsthalle Bratislava, Bratislava, Slovakia (solo), Some of this and some of that, Galleri Bo Bjerggaard, Copenhagen, Denmark (solo), Crap Head, Anna Schwartz Gallery, Sydney, Melbourne (solo), Synthesa, Lehmann Maupin Gallery, New York, USA (solo), Sculpture 21st, Stiftung Wilhelm Lehmbruck Museum, Duisburg, Germany (solo), One Minute Sculptures, Städel Museum, Frankfurt, Germany (solo), Instructions for Idleness, Österreichisches Kulturforum Bratislava, Bratislava, Slovakia (solo), Video: Wortskulptur, Salzburg «ANNEX», Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac, Salzburg, Austria (solo), Das Kleine im Grossen, das Grosse im Grossen, das Grosse im Kleinen und das Kleine im Kleinen. Wurm also tries to directly link to the greediness of consumerism that is rampant in the automobile industry. 72–93. When we describe a car’s aesthetics, there are certain words we tend to use. Erwin Wurm is politically incorrect on purpose - Humans in awkward poses, Erwin Wurm's overweight Hot Dog Bus & 50,000 free sausages, Erwin Wurm's One Minute Sculptures are refreshing, New project: Public art project with the Taipei Museum of Contemporary Art. The personified vehicles give the impression of possessing a will of their own. The first-ever care in the series was a “Fat Convertible” launched in 2004, and in 2006, the artist created another car titled “UFO“, which is a wheel-less car. Bekijk meer ideeën over sculpturen, vliegende auto, beeldhouwen. Jun 20, 2017 - Contemporary Austrian artist Erin Wurm creates surreal sculptures covering a range of themes. The Fat Cars address the typical concept of the volume of the sculpture. Wurm confronts the fleetingness of life today with ephemeral works. 29 & 34. They used to chop up contemporary luxurious cars to create flattened versions of the real vehicle to undercut what were fundamentally cultural icons. In these, he gives instructions to himself, a model or member of the public: the person is asked to perform a certain action, or to interact with an everyday object in a specific way. “Sencillo y hondo.” El País (Madrid), February 14, p. 17. 53k Followers, 148 Following, 185 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Erwin Wurm (@erwinwurm) With his One Minute Sculptures, which he calls the decisive moment of his career, Erwin Wurm has imbued the term ‘sculpture’ with a performative dimension. In a permanent exchange of questions and answers about what sculpture is and how it is constituted, Erwin Wurm has worked from the outset on a many layered body of work that can be understood as a long term study of sculpture as a concept. XXXVIII, No.240, Mailand, Italy, p. 117. Jan 27, 2019 - During the 1990s, Erwin Wurm attracted much attention with his “One-Minute Sculptures”. Beni Bischof's cars - A vision for driving in the future? Voir plus d'idées sur le thème art contemporain, sculteur, photographie. Prekärer Realismus zwischen Melancholie und Komik, Kunsthalle, Vienna, Austria, Ich will, dass Du mir glaubst!, 9. His approach seems rather random and funny to me, like his … At Xavier Hufkens, a real-life size, the red first version of Fat Car occupied the gallery’s main exhibition space. “Erwin Wurm, No lo llames burla.” NEO2 (Madrid), no. Olivares, Rosa. Erwin Wurm, né en 1954 à Bruck an der Mur [1], est un artiste autrichien. We would love to keep the conversation going. Fanchette, Frédérique: Simplement incorrect in: Libération, November 14, France, pp.38-39. He felt he could drive the point home by making the cars fatter instead of thinner like his predecessors. Just as his definition of sculpture, Wurm’s adding layers of material onto a car, he spreads it to the extent that the vehicle or the object of use loses its original proportions and form. Discover (and save!) Jarque, Vicente. The video is nothing less than a tribute to Erwin Wurm’s work. 6 talking about this. Erwin Wurm's offizieller Facebook Auftritt Besides just attacking the modern consumers, Fat Cars may also symbolize more to carmakers who lose sleep over the looming fuel economy standards, for those sweating to save the cost from the coming models of automobile. In all his works, he achieves this by layering clothes over each other or creating fat, inflated, or obese objects. Larger than life print of graffiti photos. Marsola, Helga. Erwin Wurm is a disciplined man. Schlüter, Ralf: Kopf in den Eimer in: ART, Hamburg, Deutschland, Nr. The Deutsche Bank Collection and Zaha Hadid, Singapore Art Museum, Singapore, Le mouvement des images, Centre Pompidou, Paris, France, Simultan, zwei Sammlungen österreichischer Fotographie, Fotomuseum Winterthur, Winterthur, Switzerland, Display of UBS Collection, Tate Modern, London, UK, Art and Play, Museum of Modern Art, Saitama, Japan, Adorno was wrong with his ideas about art, Museum der Moderne Salzburg, Austria (solo), Home, Galerie Anne de Villepoix, Paris, France (solo), Disziplin der Subjektivität, Kunstraum Innsbruck, Austria (solo), Keep a cool head, MUMOK Museum moderner Kunst Stiftung Ludwig Wien, Vienna, Austria (solo), The artist who swallowed the world, Ludwig Forum für Internationale Kunst, Aachen, Germany (solo), Erwin Wurm.