Write to us at acethegmat@e-gmat.com. INSEAD now accepts both the GMAT and the GRE. The GMAT is a tough nut to crack. However, I was a shy kid and did not gain full confidence till a few years into my college life. To be able to determine a good GMAT score for INSEAD, this article will take a look at the past data as well as the data available from the latest applicant pool. Here’s a 4-year trend report of average GMAT scores of the incoming classes at INSEAD from the year 2015 to 2018. Simultaneously, I started my preparing for my GMAT. Candidates from countries like Israel, Mexico and Vietnam are at an advantage since the applicant pool from these countries is smaller. It is important that your story enraptures the reader / interviewer in applications / interviews. You need an above-700 GMAT to be admitted. I even gave CFA Level 1. That being said, the school is popularly known to have different acceptance rates for different nationalities, since one of the core philosophies of INSEAD is to have enough diversity in each batch. Also, how difficult is it to get into the top 20 b-schools abroad without working at a reputed company or an MNC? We can help you achieve that. 1 candidate with this score received an invite. However, nationality, as well as profile, play an important role at INSEAD, which is why we can see a number of interview invites being sent to applicants with scores lower than 710. How did this 25-year-old ace the ever-challenging GMAT, which has had so many people spend hours studying for? Firstly, be true to yourself in your motivations for pursuing an MBA. In early 2019, I left Deloitte and joined a healthcare focused fin-tech, which gave me the opportunity to assume more managerial responsibilities and gain grassroots level industry experience. After talking to respected professionals, a good deal of research and introspection, the idea of pursuing an MBA loomed in my head. The official website says the 80 percentile range is between 670 to 750. If you are applying for other top B-schools as well, you might want to take a look at the 5-year GMAT score trend report of 50 top US and European business schools. Its considered globally the best emba program. I am confused about whether I should go for an Indian MBA or an MBA abroad. I was ecstatic! We will talk about a good GMAT score for Indian candidates in the next section. Scores are valid for five years. He evaluated me not only on the basis of my academic and professional endeavors, but also my extra-curricular activities, my life experiences and my personality. INSEAD MBA students Ekaterina Kuznetsova, Wenyu Yang and Silvia Nelba share some insights on their GMAT … Our Full Test simulates the real GMAT's Quantitative (Math) and Verbal (English) sections. However, it was a decent score and I decided to go ahead with it. A 10-point increase across all top 50 schools is a phenomenon that we have observed in 2020. It is important to present your strongest suit in the essays, and that is where the role of a good consultant comes in. Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, Kellogg, and INSEAD. For a more personalized approach, reach out to us on mcb (at) mbacrystalball (dot) com with a recent resume and your plan/queries. Lesser than the average scores for many B-schools ranked below it, INSEAD’s average GMAT score has been in the range of 701 to 711 in the past few years. Its considered globally the best emba program. Also, I understand that my journey has just begun and this was only the tip of the iceberg! You get the picture. The INSEAD Executive MBA is an intensive programme with a rigorous academic curriculum. Just 5% got in with a GMAT score … Those 1.5 years in London were a game changer for me. INSEAD calls itself, ‘The Business School for the World’, with a special focus on embracing cultural diversity and varied expertise. Inside the MBA classroom. Each section takes 75 min and contains ~40 questions. Read about our, INSEAD is truly an international business school, 16 INSEAD facts every international student should know, https://www.mbacrystalball.com/get-into-the-top-mba-programs, https://www.mbacrystalball.com/blog/2016/08/31/benefits-of-international-mba-degree/, https://www.mbacrystalball.com/profile-building, How to get into the best MBA programs in the world. Living away from home made me independent and self-reliant. Here’s a summary of the GMAT scores of Indians who applied to INSEAD for the incoming class of 2021. To ensure that we bring the best talent to the class, applicants must either take the INSEAD Assessment, the GMAC Executive Assessment (EA) or the GMAT … If you have good profile then you need to score in the range of 720 to 730 for safer side. Like many other adaptive tests, the GMAT requires rigorous preparation in the weeks leading up to the exam date. How I got into the INSEAD MBA program by Dheeraj November 2010. August 16, 2018 | by Caroline Diarte Edwards. From the inputs we’ve got from admission officers, … By “Class” we are referring to the entire population of students beginning the INSEAD MBA programme at the same time (regardless of campus location). The criteria include high GMAT score and underrepresented profile, although we look at the candidates’ profiles holistically. [/one_half] [one_half_last] [/one_half_last] Lesser than the average scores for many B-schools ranked below it, INSEAD’s average GMAT score has been in the range of 701 to 711 … In fact, there are 14 U.S. MBA programs with average GMAT scores above INSEAD’s latest average. On the other hand, INSEAD had two alumni interview rounds. For the class of 2020, 2 waitlisted applicants were able to get off the waitlist- both had a score of 730. Feel free to go through one of our previous articles on  10 ways to boost your MBA profile. In the meantime, feel free to watch video lessons in your, What is a good GMAT score for Indians applying to INSEAD, 5-year GMAT score trend report of 50 top US and European business schools, GMAT 2020 full form, registration, eligibility, syllabus, format, sections, cost, prep tips, and books, The GMAT score of 710 saw the maximum number of applicants (14), Number of admissions seem to be almost evenly distributed in a range of, A score of 740 saw an 80% invite rate and 100% conversion rate (admission to interview rate) with 4 out of 5 applicants securing admission at INSEAD, While only 4 applicants with a score of 690 applied to INSEAD, 3 of them succeeded in receiving an interview invite and also the final admission offer, Interview invites have been sent to scores as low as 640. GMAT/GRE score – no minimum requirement but encouraged to submit a GMAT with scores above 60 percent for both the verbal and quant sections; Copy of TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS, PTE or Cambridge English Exam results for non-native English speakers. Having taken my GMAT 1 and having got a decent 680, I was trying to know which schools I would be … Secondly, rather than competing with other candidates, try and understand what helps you stand out – NGO experience, a sport, or even your travels. I owe a lot of this success to Shantanu and MCB. The average GMAT score for INSEAD is close to 710. All Rights Reserved |. We are the most reviewed GMAT prep company on gmatclub with more than 1840 reviews (as on July 17, 2019). I loved living in this diverse environment, meeting students from different countries and learning about different cultures and traditions. After 3 months of preparation and 8 mocks, I mustered the courage and gave the exam. Hence, it becomes crucial to analyse the data of Indian candidates separately. 4 received invites with scores 760 (1), 750(2), 730 (1), 2 received admits with scores 750 and 730. However, we will accept the GRE, and those applicants … A higher than average score helps you get into the safe zone. With 3 years of experience by matriculation in 2011 Sept, I wanted to apply to a couple of schools in R2 for the Sept 2011 intake. Additionally, as I have a Canadian PR status, I applied to the top colleges in Canada- Rotman and Ivey. The interview lasted for two hours (!) If you want to try out the e-GMAT course that helped Mansi score a 770, sign up for our Free Trial. I gave a diagnostic test, analyzed my test result and formulated an action plan. INSEAD reports the highest average GMAT scores of any European business school. INSEAD looks at an average of 710. 3 of these candidates had a GMAT score 720 or above. How can a score of 3 hours defy all your journey of successes and failures of years? Born and brought up in a family of highly educated, self-made professionals, I have always been ambitious. On the basis of the data discussed above, if we are to give a country-agnostic recommendation, we would suggest a score of 730 as a good GMAT score for INSEAD. These included MIT Sloan, Duke Fuqua and INSEAD. Oh and before we forget to mention Jim’s stats, he was 29 years old with a 3.14 GPA and a 610 GMAT … He was extremely dedicated and always available on call for any queries. Getting into a top MBA program like INSEAD requires a 700+ GMAT score, If you are planning to take the GMAT, we can help you by giving you access to quality online content … Both interviews lasted around 45 minutes. Why don’t you start your GMAT Preparation by trying out our FREE Trial? Also read: Remember, you need to present what makes you unique and you need to present it well. Shantanu prepared me by conducting several mock interviews and giving valuable feedback. I felt the need to elevate my career to the next level. I aspired to apply to the top schools in Europe and Asia, which is why I chose London Business School, INSEAD and NUS. Even more surprisingly, perhaps, is that the average GMAT for the entire MBA applicant pool at Columbia Business School this past year was 713, two points higher than the average for INSEAD’s enrolled class of MBAs. Rumour has it – INSEAD’s MBA programme is difficult to get in, as it requires a mighty GMAT score. MG can help you get into the top B-schools. The benchmarks being much higher for Indian candidates, a good GMAT score for Indians applying to INSEAD is 750, which is 20 points higher than the country-agnostic score recommended above. By global standards, anything over 700 can’t be termed as a low GMAT score at all. With the right approach and proper planning, however, acing the GMAT is well within reach. – The average GMAT score in isolation doesn’t mean anything. Required fields are marked *. I hold an engineering undergraduate degree from an old IIT and am now working in a boutique consulting company that is well-reputed in India especially at Indian B-Schools. For top international business schools, it is important to take a holistic approach to your application essays. GMAT: For the top 3 schools – Stanford, Harvard, and Wharton, the GMAT score has moved from the 720s to the 730-740 range as we entered a new decade. As is evident, the conversion rate for Indian candidates at INSEAD is extremely low, with only 2 out of 13 applicants being able to receive admission in INSEAD (from the current data). My 3 years at Deloitte were great. In the long run, I am not looking for working abroad but the only thing pushing me for a foreign MBA is exposure and no hindrance in my future career trajectory. I put this across in my application and interviews. However, a piece of the puzzle was missing for me. Former Managing Director of the MBA Programme at INSEAD Minh Huy Lai sheds light on our MBA admissions criteria, GMAT … Read more about this, Copyright © MBA Crystal Ball. Fortuna Admissions’ Caroline Diarte Edwards was the Director of MBA Admissions at INSEAD for seven years. After completing the internship, I returned to India and landed a job in Valuations (Financial Advisory) at Deloitte. But elite business schools such as INSEAD have a funny way of making even good GMAT scores look low – especially when you’re competing in the toughest applicant pool of Indian candidates. However, this is not the case always. Here are five tips from Katja on how she conquered the GMAT and achieved a good score. In school and college, I did fairly well academically. According to this, 730+ seems like a good score for INSEAD. Evaluating your undergraduate record. To be able to determine what a good GMAT score for INSEAD could be, it is crucial to look at the available information from the past batches. Pattern – GMAT and GPA Scores. Here’s her full story. – INSEAD admit with low GPA It is very important to give clear concise and authentic answers to all the questions. We do not have … Additionally, my time in London had left a mark on me and I knew I wanted to pursue an international career. My first interviewer was from a similar background (finance professional). But among the concerns she had while applying, her GMAT score was a major one. Send us an email: info [at] mbacrystalball [dot] com, Chief Consulting Officer at MBA Crystal Ball, ex-McKinsey, IIT & ISB topper. – How I got into INSEAD with scholarship INSEAD has a top level one year MBA program. I also decided to retake the GMAT one final time. the don’ts. Nothing clears the air better than hearing directly from INSEAD’s admissions office, so here are some misconceptions that we have so often heard – debunked! Therefore, to remain competitive, your GMAT score … Subsequently, on 24th January 2020, I received an acceptance call from INSEAD. This process calls for adding 20 points to the average GMAT score of the latest batch. To ensure that we bring the best talent to the class, applicants must either take the INSEAD Assessment, the GMAC Executive Assessment (EA) or the GMAT – all of which provide a uniform and standardised way of evaluating candidates’ aptitude to cope with the intensity and breadth of the programme. What do you mean by a high GMAT Score for Scholarships - 20 to 30 points above the mean GMAT score of the class? 2. In addition to its own campuses, INSEAD also has alliances with several top universities including Wharton, Kellogg, MIT Sloan and many more. Business school admission officers look at many other aspects of your profile to decide whether your MBA application should be accepted or rejected. The official website says the 80 percentile range is between 670 to 750. For instance, INSEAD is truly an international business school which appealed to me due to my prior education in London. I spoke to many friends and acquaintances who had given the exam and scored well, to understand the dos and (more importantly!) You should leverage your achievements – international work experience, community involvement, professional awards – and exhibit them eloquently on paper. Even more surprisingly, perhaps, is that the average GMAT for the entire MBA applicant pool at Columbia Business School in 2017 was 713, two points higher than the average for INSEAD… Here are some interesting ways to get off the MBA waitlist. Basis the MBA MAP, we decided a list of 3 schools and I signed up for a 3-school MBA application review package. Unlike many programs, INSEAD recommends score levels: for the GMAT, at least 70-75% for both quant and verbal sections … Minh (INSEAD MBA): For us, high GMAT means applicants with a score above 700. At first, I got acceptance calls from Rotman and Ivey, with scholarships of CAD 20,000 and CAD 35,000 respectively. The institute has many unique and stringent requirements for the admission process, which one should go through before they plan to apply to this distinguished institute. Next, he charted out a timeline for the various application submissions and ensured strict adherence to it. If you take that route, consider this: https://www.mbacrystalball.com/profile-building, Your email address will not be published. Students can engage in pre-MBA … I took personal tutoring and additional efforts to improve my GMAT verbal score. The criteria include high GMAT score and underrepresented profile, although we look at the candidates’ profiles holistically. Post my Masters, I interned at the Corporate Finance Department of Europe Arab Bank, London for 5 months. Take it from Katja Smuk, one of our alumni with a top GMAT score at INSEAD. Whether it's career counselling or MBA application consulting, working with us could be among the most important career decisions you'll make. INSEAD has informed all candidates that it will be more flexible and accept MBA applications without test scores, while also offering support with deferral requests and … He helped me bring out certain unique aspects of my personality (for instance, my experience with NGOs and my training in kickboxing). Also, it is important to remember that there are no right or wrong answers and that the interviewer just wants to understand you as a person. The GMAT ™ exam measures the verbal, mathematical, analytical writing, and integrated reasoning … From the data available to us, only 4 candidates were waitlisted. – 16 INSEAD facts every international student should know, Start here | Success stories | Reality check | Knowledgebase | Scholarships | Services, Vibhor, if you are looking at understanding the broad process, see here: https://www.mbacrystalball.com/get-into-the-top-mba-programs.