“And as for the wall, it belonged to two orphan boys in the town; and there was under it a treasure belonging to them; and their father was a righteous man, and your Lord intended that they should attain their age of full strength and take out their treasure as a mercy from your Lord. None can change His Words, and none will you find as refuge other than Him.) This implies a confirmation of the Hereafter and the reward and punishment. But the enduring good deeds are better to your Lord for reward and better for [one’s] hope.”. Summa atba’a sababaam92. (Say: “My Lord knows best their number…”) indicating that the best thing to do in matters like this is to refer knowledge to Allah, because there is no need to indulge in discussing such matters without knowledge. Those will have gardens of perpetual residence; beneath them rivers will flow. This is like the Ayah: (Beautified for men is the love of things they covet; women, children, vaulted hoards of gold…) ﴿3:14﴾. Ibn `Abbas, Mujahid and Qatadah said that “turning away from them” means that it would shine on them and then leave them. Nothing stopped them from following the truth except their demand to witness with their own eyes the punishment which they were being warned about. He was of the jinn and departed from the command of his Lord. [Moses] said, “If you wished, you could have taken for it a payment.”, قَالَ هَـٰذَا فِرَاقُ بَيْنِى وَبَيْنِكَ ۚ سَأُنَبِّئُكَ بِتَأْوِيلِ مَا لَمْ تَسْتَطِع عَّلَيْهِ صَبْرًا. Wa iz qulnaa lilma laaa’ikatis judoo li Aadama fasajadooo illaaa Ibleesa kaana minal jinni fafasaqa ‘an amri Rabbih; afatattakhizoonahoo wa zurriyatahooo awliyaaa’a min doonee wa hum lakum ‘aduww; bi’sa lizzaalimeena badalaa50. ﴿6:62﴾ So Allah says: (He (Allah) is the best to reward and the best for the final end.) meaning, `this is the explanation of the things which you could not put up with or be patient with until I took the initiative of explaining them to you.’ When he explained them and made them clear and solved the confusion, he used a milder form of the verb. (your Lord intended that they should attain their age of full strength and take out their treasure) Here will is attributed to Allah, the Exalted, because no one else is able to bring them to the age of full strength and puberty except Allah. When the young men fled for refuge to Al-Kahf. Malik narrated from Zayd bin Aslam, “Leaning.”. Until His saying; (to take account) ﴿21:47﴾ And there are many similar Ayat. ﴿28:85﴾ meaning, `He will call you to account for the duty of conveying the Message which He entrusted you with. Wealth and children are [but] adornment of the worldly life. Surah Ash Shams 92. These are the righteous good deeds that last, which will remain in Paradise for those who do them for as long as heaven and earth remain.” Al-`Awfi reported from Ibn `Abbas: “They are good words.” `Abdur-Rahman bin Zayd bin Aslam said, “They are all righteous deeds.” This was also the view chosen by Ibn Jarir, may Allah have mercy on him. Surah Al Fath 49. Wadrib lahum masalal hayaatid dunyaa kamaaa’in anzalnaahu minas samaaa’i fakhtalata bihee nabaatul ardi fa asbaha hasheeman tazroo hur riyaah; wa kaanal laahu ‘alaa kulli shai’im muqtadiraa45. Musa, peace be upon him, could not restrain himself from denouncing him, so he said: (Have you damaged it wherein its people will drown) The grammatical structure of the sentence in Arabic implies that this was the consequence, not the purpose, of his action. (And keep yourself patiently with those who call on their Lord morning and afternoon, seeking His Face;) meaning, sit with those who remember Allah, who say “La Ilaha Illallah”, who praise Him, glorify Him, declare His greatness and call on Him, morning and evening, all the servants of Allah, whether rich or poor, strong or weak. So they left and fled to the cave where they sought refuge. (He said) meaning, Al-Khidr said to Musa, (Verily, you will not be able to have patience with me!) Qaala zaalika maa kunnaa nabghi; fartaddaa ‘alaa aasaari him maa qasasaa64. And who does more wrong than he who is reminded of the Ayat (signs) of his Lord, but turns away from them, forgetting what his hands have sent forth. (They said: “We have stayed a day or part of a day.”) because they entered the cave at the beginning of the day, and they woke up at the end of the day, which is why they then said. (45. Howard Reid. Ad-Dahhak said: “As for Al-Kahf, it is a cave in the valley, and Ar-Raqim is the name of the valley.” Mujahid said, “Ar-Raqim refers to their buildings.” Others said it refers to the valley in which their cave was. (He was called Al-Khidr because he sat on a barren Farwah that turned white, then it turned green (Khadra’) beneath him.) And keep yourself (O Muhammad) patiently with those who call on their Lord morning and afternoon, seeking His Face; and let not your eyes overlook them, desiring the pomp and glitter of the life of the world; and obey not him whose heart We have made heedless of Our remembrance, and who follows his own lusts, and whose affair has been lost. In the beginning of this Tafsir, we mentioned that Allah, praises His Holy Self at the beginning and end of matters, for He is the One to be praised in all circumstances, all praise and thanks be to Him, in the beginning and in the end. (and let him find out which is the Azka food.) they see it with their own eyes, being directly confronted with it. Mujahid said: “a dry and barren plain.” Qatadah said, “A plain on which there are no trees or vegetation.”, (9. Surah Mutaffifin 84. Musa said, (“If Allah wills, you will find me patient, and I will not disobey you in aught.”) Al-Khidr said to him, (“Then, if you follow me, ask me not about anything till I myself mention it to you.”) So they set out walking along the shore, until a boat passed by and they asked the crew to let them go on board. (And they will find no way of escape from it.) meaning, He is Allah, the One Who is to be worshipped Alone, with no partner or associate. “I am one of the few, and they were seven.” The chains of these reports narrated from Ibn `Abbas, which say that they were seven, are Sahih, and this is in accordance with what we have stated above. And he went into his garden while having been unjust to himself. A voice will call out, “Whoever used to associate anyone with Allah in the deeds which he did, let him seek his reward from someone other than Allah, for Allah is the least in need of any partner or associate.) Surah Al Asr 104. ((Dhul-Qarnayn) said: “This is a mercy from my Lord…”) meaning, after it was built by Dhul-Qarnayn. This is like the Ayah: (So they (Ya`juj and Ma`juj) were not able to scale it) ﴿18:97﴾ which means ascending to its highest point. Your Lord will spread out for you of His mercy and will prepare for you from your affair facility.”, ۞ وَتَرَى ٱلشَّمْسَ إِذَا طَلَعَت تَّزَ‌ٰوَرُ عَن كَهْفِهِمْ ذَاتَ ٱلْيَمِينِ وَإِذَا غَرَبَت تَّقْرِضُهُمْ ذَاتَ ٱلشِّمَالِ وَهُمْ فِى فَجْوَةٍۢ مِّنْهُ ۚ ذَ‌ٰلِكَ مِنْ ءَايَـٰتِ ٱللَّهِ ۗ مَن يَهْدِ ٱللَّهُ فَهُوَ ٱلْمُهْتَدِ ۖ وَمَن يُضْلِلْ فَلَن تَجِدَ لَهُۥ وَلِيًّۭا مُّرْشِدًۭا. And let him be careful and let no man know of you.”) (20. Skip to main content Al-Islam TV Toggle navigation. (I will tell you tomorrow about what you have asked me.) There is no power but with Allah!’ If you see me less than you in wealth, and children.) Surat Al-Imran Abdul Rahman Al Sudais سورة ال عمران عبدالرحمن السديس. ﴿9:40﴾ -The story of this cave (Thawr) is far greater and more wondrous than that of the people of the Cave. (they asked them for food, but they refused to entertain them. (and I will not disobey you in aught.) Verily, you have committed a thing Nukr!” He said, “Did I not tell you that you would not be able to have patience with me”). Ibn `Abbas said; “Al-Muhl is thick water which is similar to the sediment in oil.” Mujahid said, “It is like blood and pus.” `Ikrimah said, “It is the thing that is heated to the ultimate temperature.” Others said: “It is everything that is melted.” Qatadah said, “Ibn Mas`ud melted some gold in a grove, and when it became liquid and foam rose to the top, he said, this is the thing that is most like Al-Muhl.” Ad-Dahhak said: “The water of Hell is black, and it itself is black and its people are black.” There is nothing contradictory in these comments, for Al-Muhl includes all of these unpleasant characteristics, it is black, evil-smelling, thick and hot, as Allah said. Allah says, `Who among My creatures does more wrong than one who is reminded of the signs of Allah then turns away from them,’ i.e., ignores them and does not listen or pay attention to them. This is why they asked each other, (How long have you stayed (here)) meaning, `how long have you slept’. Allah says: (Your wealth and your children are only a trial, whereas Allah! “For, if they come to know of you, they will stone you or turn you back to their religion; and in that case you will never be successful.”). This may mean that all of creation will stand before Allah in one row, as Allah says: (The Day that Ar-Ruh (Jibril) and the angels will stand aligned, they will not speak except him whom the Most Gracious (Allah) allows, and he will speak what is right) ﴿78:38﴾; or it may mean that they will stand in rows, as Allah says: (And your Lord comes with the angels in rows.) In Allah we put our trust. This is like the Ayah: (So when they saw Our punishment, they said: “We believe in Allah Alone and reject (all) that we used to associate with Him as partners.”) ﴿40:84﴾ and Allah says concerning the Fir`awn; (Till when drowning overtook him, he said: “I believe that none has the right to be worshipped but He in Whom the Children of Israel believe, and I am one of the Muslims.” Now! Indeed, We have prepared Hell for the disbelievers as a lodging. The Al-Islam.org site and the DILP are entirely supported by individual donors and well wishers. ), (74. (He said: “Did I not tell you that you can have no patience with me”) Once again, Al-Khidr reiterates the condition set in the first place, so Musa says to him: (If I ask you anything after this,) meaning, `if I object to anything else you do after this,’. Or have you thought that the companions of the cave and the inscription were, among Our signs, a wonder? (That is from the Ayat of Allah.) So they said: (and in that case you will never be successful. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm. Laboring, weary. ﴿86:9﴾ meaning, everything that is hidden in people’s hearts will become known. ﴿8:32﴾. Hattaaa izaa balagha bainas saddaini wajada min doonihimaa qawmal laa yakaa doona yafqahoona qawlaa93. means, they will stay there and never leave. This is something which everyone who goes to the coast can see: it looks as if the sun is setting into the sea but in fact it never leaves its path in which it is fixed. وَيَوْمَ يَقُولُ نَادُوا۟ شُرَكَآءِىَ ٱلَّذِينَ زَعَمْتُمْ فَدَعَوْهُمْ فَلَمْ يَسْتَجِيبُوا۟ لَهُمْ وَجَعَلْنَا بَيْنَهُم مَّوْبِقًۭا. Then he will be returned to his Lord, and He will punish him with a terrible punishment. And (remember) the Day He will say: “Call those (so-called) partners of Mine whom you claimed.” Then they will cry unto them, but they will not answer them, and We shall put Mawbiq between them.) If he had stayed with his companion he would have seen wonders, but he said, (`If I ask you anything after this, keep me not in your company, you have received an excuse from me.’))”, (77. If there was any spiritual or religious interest that could be served by our knowing that, Allah and His Messenger would have taught us about it, as the Prophet said: (I have not left anything that will bring you closer to Paradise and keep you further away from Hell but I have certainly taught you about it.) (That shall be their recompense, Hell; because they disbelieved) means, `We will punish them with that because of their disbelief and because they took the signs and Messengers of Allah as a joke, mocking them and disbelieving them in the worst way.’, (107. The definite article indicates that they were referring to a known city. And We made their hearts firm and strong when they stood up and said: “Our Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth, never shall we call upon any god other than Him; if we did, we should indeed have uttered an enormity in disbelief.) Al-`Awfi reported from Ibn `Abbas that this means everything on it would be wiped out and destroyed. With Him is a great reward (Paradise).) (How can I relax when the one with the Horn has put the Horn in his mouth and has knelt down, listening out for the command to be given to him) They said, “What should we say” He said: (Say: “Allah is Sufficient for us and the best Disposer of affairs, in Allah have we put our trust.”), (and We shall collect them (the creatures) all together.) That is the interpretation of that about which you could not have patience.”, وَيَسْـَٔلُونَكَ عَن ذِى ٱلْقَرْنَيْنِ ۖ قُلْ سَأَتْلُوا۟ عَلَيْكُم مِّنْهُ ذِكْرًا, Wa yas’aloonaka ‘an Zil Qarnaini qul sa atloo ‘alaikum minhu zikraa83. The intensity of the verbal form used reflects the intensity of the confusion felt. This is what is prescribed in the Shari`ah during times of trial and persecution — a person who fears for his religion should flee from his persecutors, as was reported in the Hadith: (Soon there will come a time when the best wealth any of you can have will be sheep, which he can follow to the tops of the mountains and places where rain falls, (fleeing) for the sake of his religion from persecution. )